Here is another great recipe from our guest blogger Truly Madly Healthy. These Christmas Gingerbread Cookies are great at this time of year and they stay nice and chewy!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 225g rice flour (plus extra for dusting the work top)
- 125g gram flour (chick pea flour – or try Gluten free plain flour)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp ground ginger – or ginger powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1tsp Gluten free bicarbonate of soda
- 100g organic butter
- 50 g Coconut Palm sugar
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180, then in a food processor combine the flours, xanthan gum, spices and bicarbonate of soda. Whizz the ingredients to mix them thoroughly. Add the room temperature butter to the processor until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the coconut sugar and mix again.
- Now add the maple syrup and eggs and process until the mixture starts to come together. Tip out onto a (rice) floured surface and form the dough into a smooth ball. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes,
- e out the fridge and roll to the thickness of a £1 coin. Using Christmas shaped cutters, start to cut out as many shapes as you can, re-rolling the left overs to use it all up.
- Line a baking sheet with non stick baking parchment and grease with coconut oil, place the shapes on and bake the cookies for approx 12 minutes until nicely browned but not burnt. Leave to cool on the tray for 5 mins then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.