We are delighted to introduce the first introduce the first craft tutorial from our latest blogger ‘The Makers’. In this tutorial they will show you how to recycle all your used up toilet rolls to create bold and colourful characters for the children to play with.
You will need:
- Acrylic Paint
- 1- 4 empty toilet rolls
- Pritt stick or PVA glue.
- Start by painting on a skin coloured circle to the top half of a toilet roll.
- While waiting for this to dry paint on bold coloured clothing, you may want to recreate a favourite Disney prince or Princess.
- Carefully paint a face on to the skin coloured circle. Tip – Use the end of a small paintbrush to create small dots for the eyes.
- Paint hair on to your character, you could even glue on wool!
- Using coloured paper cut out any accessories, such as a crown or a sword and use glue to attach.
- Finally, add a touch of glitter to bling your character to life!
Next time – Learn how to make a cardboard castle for your characters to live in!
Please share your efforts below so we can see what characters you decided to make with your little ones.