Have fun with this fun and easy up cycle craft! Lets learn how to make spoon pals!
You will need
- 1 wooden spoon and or 1 wooden spatula
- Acrylic paint
- A fine paintbrush
- A larger paintbrush
- A pot of water
- An empty jar
1. Start by painting your wooden spoon or spatula a base colour of white using the larger paintbrush, be sure to cover the entire spoon including the handle, leave it to dry by standing it in the jar.
2. You may need a second coat of white, this ensures all your colours are bold and bright.
3. Next paint on your characters hair, orange, yellow, brown or black? the possibilities are endless!
4. Now its time to give your character a face, using a small amount of black paint and a fine paintbrush, a cheeky smile, a devilish grin, its up to you.
5. It is now time to paint on your characters clothes, carefully paint strips of colour around part of the handle, use your imagination.
6. Leave your character to dry in the jar. It may need a second coat of paint once the first coat is dry.
7. Why not paint several wooden spoons and make an entire family!