Here is the fourth in a series of family friendly recipes, brought to you in association with Menu4mums.
- 800g potatoes, peeled & sliced
- Butter/spread for greasing
- 350-400g salmon fillet, skinned and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1.5 tbsp plain flour
- 400ml milk
- 2-3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- 75g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 150-200g frozen green beans
- Heat oven to 190C or Gas 5. Grease a large ovenproof dish with the butter/spread. Boil sliced potatoes for 5 mins, then drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, and gently fry the onion for 4-5 mins. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 min. Gradually add the milk and cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened. Stir in the parsley and crème fraiche. Spread 1/3 of potato slices in the bottom of ovenproof dish, then add ½ of salmon cubes. Season, then repeat with another layer of potatoes and then salmon. Season again, and add a final layer of potatoes. Pour over the sauce, and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
- Towards end of cooking time, cook beans in boiling water according to pack instructions.
Prep Time: 5-10 mins