Essex Baby is currently seeking guest bloggers to join our growing team and help us to expand our site with topical, interesting and informative articles.
We are looking for original and vibrant content that will be of interest to parents in Essex, from personal opinions and experiences to expert advice.
We are especially interested in: real stories from ‘real mums’, toddler behaviour and development, fitness and wellbeing, journalistic responses to recent news items, creative list posts, family travel, safety and anything that has the ‘wow’ factor.
As one of our approved contributors, you will have the opportunity to link back to your own blog, website or twitter profile and will be able to use the Essex Baby logo on your site to show that you have successfully submitted content.
Our style guide is designed to give you an idea of what we are looking for so that you are perfectly equipped to produce genuinely inspired and useful content. Once you’ve read through our pointers, just submit your ideas, along with a writing sample/link to your blog, to email@example.com and we will be in touch.
Essex Baby Style Guide
- Essex Baby is a family-friendly site. Please avoid offensive language, intolerant views and graphic sexual references.
- While we appreciate that you may have strong feelings about certain subjects, people or organisations, out-and-out attacks will not be tolerated and could lead to libel action. Always ensure that you can factually support any statements you make.
- We are mostly likely to consider blogs that are 800 words or under. Longer contributions will be accepted only at the editor’s discretion and where the content is of exceptional quality.
- Spam, overt product placement or links to corporate sales sites will not be accepted.
- We pride ourselves of publishing original content and ask that contributions have not been previously published elsewhere, including on your own blog. We will always check for plagiarism and cross-posting.
- Although we give all of our potential bloggers due consideration, the editor’s decision is final.