There is no party without food and drink. Adults can indulge in a glass or two of wine or beer, whilst the kids will be happy to drink anything that’s fizzy! We have some fabulous drink ideas to impress both the adults and the children on such an exciting night.
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled, halved and stone removed, or the equivalent using tinned peaches in natural juice
- chilled champagne or Prosecco
- 2 chilled champagne glasses
- Place the peaches in a small blender and purée until totally smooth. This can be done in advance and kept in the fridge. Spoon half into the chilled champagne glasses and slowly top up with champagne, stirring as you pour. You should ideally have one third peach purée to two thirds Champagne/Prosecco.
Tasty Tip: Why not add a taste of the exotic to bonfire night, and replace the peach puree with mango puree or chilled mango juice (readily available at all supermarkets.)
A Caribbean classic that will warm you up on cold winter nights!
- 120ml pineapple juice
- 60ml white rum
- 60ml coconut cream
- Wedge of pineapple, to garnish (optional).
- Pulse all the ingredients along with a handful of ice in a blender until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and garnish with the pineapple, if you wish.
A delicious non-alcoholic alternative for adults and kids alike!
- 300g (10oz) hulled strawberries
- 300g (10oz) caster sugar
- Juice 5 lemons
- Still or sparkling mineral water, to dilute
- Sliced limes and strawberries, and sprigs of mint, to serve
- Put the hulled strawberries, caster sugar and lemon juice into a blender and pulse until smooth. Strain the mixture through a sieve into a large bowl and stir thoroughly to ensure all the sugar dissolves.
- You can transfer the cordial to a large bottle or storage container until needed.
- Dilute with still or sparkling water (about 1 part cordial to 4 parts water) and serve with ice, lime and strawberry slices and sprigs of mint. Pomegranate also looks pretty as a garnish. Will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Treat the kids to their very own delicious mocktail!
- Chocolate syrup
- Chocolate milk
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Ice cubes
- Coat inside of glass with chocolate syrup. Blend together 1/2 glass chocolate milk, 2 scoops of mint-chocolate chip ice cream and 4 ice cubes. Pour into a glass.
←Back to Bonfire Night Guide Index