Cheese and ham toasties with a difference! These cheesy quesadillas are packed with salad – ideal for lunch or a light supper.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes to 12 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes to 22 minutes
- 4 tsp Tomato Chutney
- 8 Discovery Soft Flour Tortillas
- 250g pack Grated Mozzarella
- 120g pack Waitrose British Finely Sliced Dry Cured Honey Roast Gammon Ham
- 25g pack fresh basil
- 2 little gem lettuces, washed and quartered
- Preheat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spread 1 teaspoon of the tomato chutney over the surface of 4 of the tortillas and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a plain tortilla in the hot pan and sprinkle a quarter of the grated cheese evenly over the surface. Arrange 1½ slices of ham, slightly overlapping, on top of the cheese. Scatter with a few torn basil leaves and then top with one of the reserved tortillas, chutney-side down.
- Cook for about 1 minute, until the bottom tortilla is golden and the cheese is beginning to melt. Using a spatula, carefully turn the tortilla over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, or until the bottom tortilla is golden and the cheese is melting. Turn on to a wooden board and keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and ingredients, then open the 4 toasted tortillas and stuff each with a lettuce quarter. Serve the quesadillas cut into 4-6 wedges. Eat while still warm with Waitrose Watercress, Roquette & Spinach Salad.