Are you a pancake virgin? Check out our simple guide to pancake-making:
To make 8 pancakes, you will need:
- 1 large egg
- ½ pint milk
- 4oz/110g plain flour (4 heaped dessert spoons)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
To make you simply:
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Break the egg into bowl
- Add a splash of milk
- Whisk the mixture, gradually adding a bit more milk until you make a smooth batter
- Mix in the melted butter
- Add a pinch of salt
- Add a bit of oil into a hot frying pan, add a ladle of batter and swirl around the pan, cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Flip high in the air… if you dare!!
Now for the toppings – what’s your favourite pancake topping?