Celebrate bonfire night with some spark-tacula fireworks arts and crafts… wiz, pop, bang!
An easy, frugal and effective way of painting. It’s great fun and the best thing is…no paintbrushes to wash up!
- Toilet rolls
- Sticky tape
- Paint trays
- Paint in various colours
- Paper or card
- Cut a toilet roll along the length of the tube.
- Make lots of cuts up the tube to form a ‘fringe’ along the bottom edge.
- Roll the toilet roll tightly and secure with sticky tape.
- Splay the fringe out and dip in the paint
- Stamp onto the paper/card to make colourful fireworks shapes
- We also snipped a circular sponge to use alongside the ‘loo roll stamps’.
Watch the dark of night give way to incredible patterns with this simple technique.
- Oil Pastels
- Wooden Skewer – or something with a pointy end
- A paint brush
- Acrylic black paint
- Using oil pastels cover your paper in lots of colours; press hard with the oil pastels to ensure a thick coating with no white paper showing through.
- Using your paintbrush cover the page of oil pastel with a layer of black acrylic paint.
- You need to work quite quickly at this stage before the paint dries!
- With your skewer or pointed tool draw firework designs into the wet paint, this will reveal the bright colours underneath the paint creating beautiful patterns right before your eyes!
If you fancy hosting a crafty event, visit the The Makers to discover their tailor-made party packages: www.the-makers.org
←Back to Bonfire Night Guide Homepage