An 18-month-old toddler had to be rescued by firefighters after getting her head stuck in a kettle.

The child’s head was playing at her home in Chile when her head became wedged in the pot. Her mother, Daniella Lopez, said the incident happen when she was distracted by a phone call.

The little girl was rushed to a Santa Cruz hospital where medics tried to remove the appliance.

When their attempts failed, a fire crew was called in to rescue her using metal cutting equipment.

Although shaken by the ordeal, the toddler did not suffer any serious injuries and has now recovered fully.

Has your child ever become stuck in a household object? Share your story by commenting in the box below.

For full Telegraph article visit: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11115124/Chilean-child-rescued-after-getting-head-stuck-in-kettle.html